Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delete fields in infoset

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I want to delete a field of an infoset but i can't because the system says that it is used in a query of the infoset. But the field is not used in the queries of the infoset. This field has domain values. How can i delete the field of the infoset.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I believe u need to delete the query

Max

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi.

I don't know what query is.

Thanks

0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to transaction SQ01 and view the list of queries which are built using this infoset. Then delete te query.

Thanks,

Harini

0 Kudos

hi Jose,

There are three things related to query.

1. User group. transaction SQ03.

2.Infoset Transction SQ02. Each Infoset will have one user group.

3. Query Transaction SQ01. You can create Query just like you create your report program.you have to write the code in the infoset and can display the output layout in the query area (SQ01).each query is associated with one infoset and one user group..

Now if you want to delete any data field from the infoset then that data field should not be present in the Query so you need to delete that field from the query then only you can delete the field from infoset.

Hope this will solve your problem

thanks

tanmaya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

1. Goto transaction code SQ02.

2. Then click on Goto menu and select query directoty (Shift+F8) .

3. Enter the name of the infoset and click on execute and you will get all the queris associated with that infoset.

Now you need to first delete the required field (i.e field which you want to delete) from these queris and then you will be able to delete it from infoset also.

Please let me know if this resolves your problem .

Regards,

Priya Bhat.

0 Kudos

I've been trying to do this since I'm facing with same kind of issue. I found all the queries associated with this infoset.Deselected 'ListField' and 'Selection Fields' and saved the queries. Went back to the infoset and tried to delete the field group and fields and the table,but it did not let me to do that.

Thanks,

Raneetha

0 Kudos

You want to delete the whole field group? I believe you should delete the fields of the field group first. You should deselect these fields from the queries, then save the query (SQ01).When all the fields are gone in the filed group (right hand pane) then you can delete the field group(SQ02).

Hi Raneetha,

Plz follow these steps to solve your problem

1. T code SQ01 - go to your Query in change mode

2. click on "Next Screen" icon on the "Change Query: Title Format" screen

3. select or check "Field groups" ( select the field group to which fields to be deleted are assigned) to edit and click again on "Next Screen" icon

4. Uncheck the fields that you want to delete from the Query and save

5. Go to SQ02 - change mode of Infoset - under section "Field Group/Data fields" expand the field group and delete the fields you want.

6. Generate Infoset and Save

Hope this helps

Regards,

Uzair Hussain

0 Kudos

Delete the field groups and then go into Join and delete table. How about those apples?

0 Kudos

Thank you Uzair Hussain !

I had been struggling with this part, and had been deleting the entire query earlier due to lack of a solution.

Regards,

Pratap.

0 Kudos

Hi Pratapbhat,

I am happy to know that my response, given almost 12 years ago to some SAP consultant, was found useful to you as well..

Thanks,

Uzair Hussain Mohammed