Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

delete serial numbers from inbound delivery

Former Member
0 Kudos

which is the best way to delete serial numbers(not manually) from inbound delivery other than writing a VL32N BDC. is there any FM or BAPI to do this? I've tried WS_DELIVERY_UPDATE and SERNR_DEL_FROM_DOCU, but they are not working. any suggestions/tips please.

thanks

Sam

6 REPLIES 6

Former Member
0 Kudos

There was no data relating to serial numbers in the system. It rarely happens that FMs whose name and description almost fits our purpose doesn't work. Nevertheless it happens.

Coming back to your point, I think SERNR_DEL_FROM_DOCUMENT should work. Did you check the changing parameter T_SMESG ? Is it informative ?

Also check tables SERNR and R_SERNR.

Other way (but a circuitous way) to check is just before deleting the serial numbers do a '/h' and in debugging find out what Function Modules does SAP call before deleting. You can simulate the same scenario and test it.

You can also check if any classes are available to serve the same purpose.

Former Member
0 Kudos

does anybody know what Business transaction (TJ01-VRGNG) is? i am trying to delete serial numbers using FM DELETE_SERNR_LS, TJ01-VRGNG is one of the obligatory parameters in this FM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sam, Contact me. Thanks

0 Kudos

Anyone got the solution for removing serial number from delivery?

0 Kudos

May I know if you have got the solution for removing serial number from delivery

0 Kudos

(Use of where-used search is mandatory when using  unreleased FM)
You could try a code similar to

PERFORM sn_status_operation_determine(sapfv50w)
                                  USING    likp-vbtyp
                                           tvlk-aufer
                                           lips
                                           charx
                                  CHANGING lf_vorgang.

NB: Look via BS33 to operation with code starting with PMS