Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deletion of custom field not captured in transport

former_member596519
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Community,

we have the following situation:

• a field (family id) has been created via custom fields app in dev
  • this field was assigned to a transport request (via combination of register extensions for transport and configure software packages)
  • The field was transported to QAS
  • the field was deleted in dev-system via custom fields app
  • the question is now (actually I am expecting this): will the deletion be captured in the same TR and also transported to the QAS? Asking because in the TR, there is no evidence for the deletion of the field.
  • Further, what is strange is that, although the field got deleted via custom fields app, it still appears in SE80

seems that the deletion of the custom field did not worked as flawless as supposed to be...

jocelyn.dart maybe you have some idea?

thx & BR & GN8, Aleks

3 REPLIES 3

Neeraj_Jain
Active Contributor

Hello aleksandarmijailovic,

Please refer below SAP Note. Might be it's helps to you.

https://userapps.support.sap.com/sap/support/knowledge/en/3115399

3115399 - FAQ: Is it possible to delete a field on a transported Custom Business Object (CBO)? - S/4HANA Cloud

Regards,

Neeraj Jain

Best Regards,
Neeraj Jain

0 Kudos

Hi Neeraj,

thank you. I am aware of this note. We do not have a custom business object here, but a custom field. And deletion actually "worked" -> it is not appearing anymore in the custom fields app and also not in the objects associated with the business object. "worked", since at some places (SE80, tadir..) artefacts still appear..

BR Aleks

0 Kudos

Hi colleague, I'm passing through same situation.

Did you manage to transport it successfully?