Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deploy ABAP Platform, Developer Edition 1909 docker image to a cloud provider

Phillip_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

Are there any known restrictions with deploying the new 1909 developer edition to a Cloud provider? https://hub.docker.com/_/sap-abap-trial/plans/ac8a4f9b-ae29-4afa-9b39-25aeea24b821?tab=instructions

I get "image in container group is not accessible. Please check the image and registry credential" when trying to deploy to Azure Container Instance. I'm able to deploy other images but not SAP images on Docker Hub.

6 REPLIES 6

rmacdonald
Explorer
0 Kudos

Same issue here. Not sure if the "store" concept in Docker Hub is messing it up.

My command:

az container create --resource-group abap1909_rg --name abap1979 --image store/saplabs/abaptrial:1909 --dns-name-label vhcala4hci --ports 3200 3300 8443 30213 50000 50001 --cpu 4 --memory 16 --registry-login-server index.docker.io --registry-username twosheds2

There will be problems with that DNS name too but need to get the image first. Same command works with other images.

I think I'm going to try to making an ACR in Azure and put the image in there.

Phillip_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Robert,

That's similar to the command I'm using on Azure and I get the same issue, the same command also works with other containers but also doesn't work with other SAP provided containers. I thought it was an incorrect tag I was using but you may be onto something with the store concept.

If you do get it working using an ACR could you let us know? It really should just work without this extra effort though.

- Phillip

cc: julie.plummer The topic discussed earlier.

Phillip_P
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Quick update on this. It looks the issue might actually be that the docker image is behind a store, so store/saplabs/abaptrial and Azure Container Instances might be reading the store as the hostname. For now I got around this by:

- Pull the image to my local machine

- Create a private registry on docker hub

- Re-tag the image on your local machine

- Push the image to your private docker hub

- Create the ACI and point to your own docker hub registry

0 Kudos

This is great, thanks Phillip!

jakub_filak
Participant
0 Kudos

Philipp, you were not forced to upload the image because I made you a member of the organization saplabs. Non-members will be force to upload:

https://gist.github.com/filak-sap/1ce1df3965e04601b43c41d9b70aafeb#gistcomment-3634997

However, the Internets think that putting "index.docker.io/store" to Index Server URL could help.

0 Kudos

Thanks Jakub, your GitHub steps are very useful.

I've tried a few permutations of adding index.docker.io with no luck.

az container create --resource-group abap1909_rg --name abap1909 --image index.docker.io/store/saplabs/abaptrial:1909 --dns-name-label vhcala4hci --ports 3200 3300 8443 30213 50000 50001 --cpu 4 --memory 16 --registry-login-server index.docker.io --registry-username twosheds2

Gives the usual error: The image 'index.docker.io/store/saplabs/abaptrial:1909' in container group 'abap1909' is not accessible. Please check the image and registry credential.

az container create --resource-group abap1909_rg --name abap1909 --image store/saplabs/abaptrial:1909 --dns-name-label vhcala4hci --ports 3200 3300 8443 30213 50000 50001 --cpu 4 --memory 16 --registry-login-server index.docker.io/store --registry-username twosheds2

Gives a new error: The server 'index.docker.io/store' in the 'imageRegistryCredentials' of container group 'abap1909' is invalid. It should be a valid host name without protocol.