Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

disabling the standard screen field

AJeB
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,
I want to greyed out the screen field in some of the standard TCODE, what is the best way or other ways to find the specific screen field with code screen-input = 1 , etc. and possible to enhance ?

what I always do is putting /H -> create breakpoint -> add  LOOP AT SCREEN in ABAP commands -> check if implicit enhancement is possible so I can change it to screen-input = 0

7 REPLIES 7

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi @AJeB 

You can hide or grey out standard fields in standard screens without any coding with screen variants.

DominikTylczyn_0-1712844905526.png

Screen variants are assigned to transaction variants. You can designate a transaction variant as a standard transaction variant so a transaction is always started with this variant thus applying the changes to field statuses - Starting Transaction Variants

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

0 Kudos

thankyou for answering,
can it handle some condition like for sample 
IF var1 = var2 -> greyed out the field 
ELSE -> allow user to edit ?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you already consider SHD0 transaction variant

0 Kudos

thankyou for answering and additional knowledge, I just have question about this SHD0
can it handle some condition like for sample 
IF var1 = var2 -> greyed out the field 
ELSE -> allow user to edit
?
because sometimes there are requirements that need to greyed out the screen field based on the value of other screen field

0 Kudos

In this case (dynamic check) you have to find some BAdI, Customer Exit or Enhancement options executed in the PBO of the dynpro to add your code.

Subhamoy
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello -

To hide standard screen field , there must be some screen exit/Badi . You have to search and implement that . 

Regards,

Subhamoy

0 Kudos

what if there are no available screen exit / badi for that specific tcode and I can only use implicit enhancement what is the other/better ways to find the code I need to edit? I think using a breakpoint in LOOP AT SCREEN is not good enough(not sure if this is the best way) or using the watchpoint then screen-name = [name of screen] ? I just want to know if there are debugging techniques I don't know yet to fasten my debugging for finding the screen i need to modify.

I also searched a while ago and found this EXIT_FIELD_MODIFICATION but this is for SD only , I can't find exit like this for other modules. so for SD I just need to modify the screen using this and no need to find it in debug