Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distinguishing kernel badi with classical badi

sanjay_deshpande4
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am getting a list of kernal badis and classic badis from cl_exit handler class.

but can anybody guide me how to distinguish between kernal badi and classical badi as approach for these badis implementation is different.

Regards,

SD

2 REPLIES 2

SuhaSaha
Advisor
Advisor

I am getting a list of kernal badis and classic badis from cl_exithandler class.

You don't need the cl_exithandler class to instantiate the Kernel BAdIs, rather the GET/CALL BADI statements!

Former Member
0 Kudos

As Suhas mentioned there is a difference in the way these BADI 's are called.

Classical BADI was good with OO but later SAP & Customers figured out that calling CL_EXITHANDLER and hitting the DB was slowing down the system so SAP thought of migrating this to Kernal level and hence the name.

Kernel BADI will have an enhancement spot(enhancement framework) and the definition will be attached to this Enh Spot. We can create several implementation if its allowed as per the BADI definition.

SAP is migrating the classic BADI's to Kernel BADI's with each new support pack.

BR/Shyam