Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Domain with the name Z_CHAR_32 already exists

0 Kudos

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-dev-create-table.html
--------------------------

Dear Experts!

I got stuck developing ABAP spreadsheets(Create an ABAP Database Table and Relevant ABAP Dictionary Objects). When I try to add a new domain to the dictionary, I get an error message: Domain with the name Z_CHAR_32 already exists(z-char-32-error.jpg). I think these causes it not to display the values in the data preview(data-preview.jpg).

Please help resolve this issue.

Thank you in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Preetha
Explorer

Hi szbii79,

Same issue was there for me. Database table which i have used had no entries created at first. So after the entries are created in the table i was able to bring the data.

Please check the database table which u are using has entries or not...if not then create entries. hope it solves the issue.

Reward if found helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Preetha.

8 REPLIES 8

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

As the system is used by several people, you will need to create your own domain by adding a suffix : Z_CHAR_32_SB4 for example.

0 Kudos

Dear frdric.girod !

Thank you for your quick reply! I created it, but the Data Preview still doesn't print the data.

The problem is that I was unable to enter the Z_CHAR_32_SB4 Data type: * and Lenght: * data(z-char-32-sb4.jpg).

I don't see the issu, you have follow the action to be done in step 5

you have a CHAR 32 what do you expect ?

You have achieved the step 17 ? Did you have adapted the code ? replacing the XXX by the value you have used when you have created the table ?

0 Kudos

Yes I reached step 17 and changed XXX to SB5 everywhere(xxx-to-sb5.jpg).

0 Kudos

I've done all the steps again now with the ..._SB5 suffix. Everything went fine, but Data Preview still doesn't bring in the data(data-preview-sb5.jpg). What could be the reason?

Preetha
Explorer

Hi szbii79,

Same issue was there for me. Database table which i have used had no entries created at first. So after the entries are created in the table i was able to bring the data.

Please check the database table which u are using has entries or not...if not then create entries. hope it solves the issue.

Reward if found helpful.

Thanks & Regards,

Preetha.

Dear preetha.r,

Thank you very much for your help.

In the end, all I did was add an extra set of data to the existing 3 datas, save it, activate it, open it with Data Preview, and have already written out the data. I am very happy so I can move on with the next tutorial. 🙂

Thanks and Regards,

Balázs