Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ECC - Installed base (IB51 IB52 IB53) BAPIs/classes/FMs

AlbertoR
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear fellow ABAPers,

I am stuck in trying to find any way to programmatically install/remove equipment and/or material from/to an installed base in ECC.

I read each and every post here, but nobody seems to have a clue on how to do it in ECC: most of the posts refer to function modules that only exist in CRM, which of course I don't find in ECC.

I debugged the IB52 transaction to see which function modules are called in the background, but they seem quite tightly bound to the front-end events (a big part of the logic is coded in PAI/PBO modules which are bound to specificities of the screens i.e., table control etc.).

I found class cl_itob_ibase_install and I tried to copy it into a Z one to adapt it to my needs but I do not seem to have much success.

I manage to use function modules IB_COM_ENQUEUE_IBASE to lock an Ibase and IB_COM1_READ_IBASE to read its content at a given moment (using FM IB_CONVERT_INTO_TIMESTAMP), but when it comes to writing, things are much more difficult.

Does anyone have experience with this and could share his/her knowledge, please?

Note: I am not sharing any code with you for the time being, because I don't have any concrete piece of code working, therefore I am open to start from scratch depending on any much appreciated advice I would receive... 🙂

Thanks a lot in advance!

Kind regards,

Alberto

1 REPLY 1

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

When there is not good solution, you could go to the dark side and use batch-input.