Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elipse 2023-03 doesn't show table structures on F2 key anymore

towell
Explorer

Hi,

I'm using Eclipse 2023-03 with the latest ADT updates, currently ABAP Core Development Tools version 3.32.2.
I'm expirencing nullpointer exceptions more often when I press F2 in the ABAP editor to see the structure of some table e.g. EBAN table.

The popup message shows:java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.internal.sources.codeelementinformation.ICodeElement$ICodeElementDocumentation.getRel()" because "docu" is null

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.internal.sources.codeelementinformation.ICodeElement$CodeElement.getDocumentationString(ICodeElement.java:375)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.elementinfo.AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.createSectionForExtendedWith(AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.java:778)

at com.sap.adt.ddic.ui.internal.elementinfo.render.DdicCodeElementInfoTemplate.handleAppends(DdicCodeElementInfoTemplate.java:74)

at com.sap.adt.ddic.ui.internal.elementinfo.render.DdicCodeElementInfoTemplate.createBody(DdicCodeElementInfoTemplate.java:57)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.elementinfo.AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.internalRender(AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.java:116)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.elementinfo.AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.renderFullHtml(AbstractAdtElementInfoTemplate.java:98)

at com.sap.adt.ddic.ui.internal.elementinfo.DdicElementInfoHtmlRenderer.render(DdicElementInfoHtmlRenderer.java:34)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.sources.codeelementinformation.AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider.renderCodeElement(AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider.java:513)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.sources.codeelementinformation.AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider.doGetHtmlWithNavigationInfo(AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider.java:368)

at com.sap.adt.tools.abapsource.ui.sources.codeelementinformation.AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider$2.run(AbapSourceCodeElementInformationProvider.java:267)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

12 REPLIES 12

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I'm on Eclipse version 2023-03, 4.270.0 Build id: 20230309-1520

ABAP Core Development Tools version 3.32.2.

And it works fine. I use SAPMachine for my Java.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Matthew may not see your reply, you should copy/paste his hyperlinked name.

Please use the button COMMENT if it's just about to provide information or reply to someone. The button ANSWER is only for providing the solutions, as you can see the text from SAP when you answer "Please provide a distinct answer and use the comment option for clarifying purposes"

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've just updated to 3.32.4

Maybe that'll help!

towell
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi matthew.billingham ,

thanks for the tip. But unfortunatley this doesn't solve my issue.
Neither SapMachine 17 nor OpenJDK 17 (Zulu17.28+13-CA) work with a fresh installtion of Eclipse 23-03

But it did before with the previous ADT versions.

I guess it's about different SAP Webservices needed for new ADT libraries or missing SAP User rights for those.

regards,

Torge

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I tried the same Eclipse set up on a 731 system and that worked fine as well.

Perhaps armin.beil.2 can help?

towell
Explorer

I forgot to mention,
that I'm connect to a SAP System Version 754 SP03 ( S/4 HANA 1909 )
and the SAP GUI is version 7.70

towell
Explorer
0 Kudos

I've updagrade the ABAP Tools to 3.32.4 but still can't use the table structure view via F2 key on some tables:

ADT seems to fail only on complex tables with includes. E.g. MARA, MARC, MRAM, MBEW, EBAN can't be viewed, but simpler table like MARD, USR06, DD03L, etc are shown without errors.

uenal
Advisor
Advisor

Hi Torge,

the issue is fixed with the next ADT release version 3.34 which is planned for begin of May.

Regards,
Ünal Akkaya

J_Eck
Explorer

Hi,

i'm using the ADT release version 3.34. I only get detailed informations for systems with SAP 7.56 Release. In the last eclipse version 12-2022 i get the information also for the system with sap 7.40. Is it not supportet any more?

Both screenshots in eclipse 03-2023:

SAP Releas 7.40

SAP Release 7.56

Regards,

Joachim

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I've asked a similar question here: https://answers.sap.com/questions/13885649/eclipse-adt-whats-happened-to-f2.html Somethings not right!

Hi Joachim,

Yes, this bug is occuring for Eclipse Versions 01-2023 and higher paired with ABAP System Versions 7.52 and lower. We are working on resolving this issue.

Best Regards,
Tosha

Hi Joachim,

this issue has been resolved and is fixed with the latest/next ADT release.

Best Regards,
Tosha