Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Enhancement for MSC1N & MSC2N Add new Tab

former_member624583
Discoverer

Add new Tab on Msc1n & msc2n msc3n ...

Thanks in advance .. please urgent and detail explanation.

i am not find any blogs...

6 REPLIES 6

LaurensDeprost
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Rajasekhar,

You can use BAdI 'VB_BM_CUSTOM_FIELDS' to add customer fields either on the 'Basic Data 2' tab or on a separate tab in the MSCxN transactions.
You can view the BAdI documentation in transaction SE18.
An example implementation can be found in class 'CL_EX_VB_BM_ADD_SCREEN_FIELDS'.

0 Kudos

Hello Laurens,

The BADI you have mentioned is not available in the system so could you please provide any solution for this as I have searched in all forums to add custom tab or add custom fields in Basic data 1 and Changes tab, in these transactions but did not got any solution.

Thanks,

sayan

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Alternatively you can use batch classification and add all the fields you need as batch characteristics. No programming needed here, easy to implement, then you can search batches with characteristics - all in SAP standard functionality.

HTH

Dominik Tylczyński

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Either

• Implement BAdI VB_BM_ADD_SCREEN_FIELDS (Enhancement Spot ES_BATCH_MASTER) If BAdI not available, but your version is greater or equal to EHP4, ask basis for OSS note 2282311 - Additional Customer Fields and Tab (MSCxN) implementation
  • Consider defining your 'customer fields' as new Classification

ramki2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I've an requirement to add custom field in MSC*N transaction and referred this OSS Note as mentioned. I could able to add field in Basic Data 2 Tab / Separate Tab.

1. I created append structure in MCHI1 structure and that fields get reflected in both MCH1 and MCHA tables.

2. Using ASSIGN statement, I could able to capture the value in AFTER_PBO method of this BADI.

3. Passed that value to GS_MCHA structure.

4. After that, there is SAP standard code validates and saying "You suppose not to changes values of MCHA structure in Custom Screen" and resets the value.

5. How to update this value back to DB (Custom field). Please guide here.

6. To update the BATCH Serial Master Data, I am using BAPI_BATCH_CHANGE function module to update the values....How do I update this custom field using this BAPI? I don't see any Extension provision is given in BAPI.

Please guide me How to address the point # 5 & 6.

Your inputs are highly valuable.

Thanks,

Ram.

0 Kudos

Just wondering if you ever found a solution to this? I've implemented a solution in ES_BATCH_MASTER, along with an append on MCHA/MCH1 for some bespoke fields. I've got the fields appearing in MSC*N, but the data is never committed to the database when I populate them.

I used this link to help get the core together.

SAP batch master data enhancement - Programmer Sought

I'm a bit stuck and could do with a steer. TIA