Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error: Class does not implement if_oo_adt_classrun~main method!

Tutorials: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-environment-persistence.html
--------------------------

I followed the instructions to create an ABAP class after a database table was created and activated. The class was also activated before I run it. Eclipse then shows the error:

Error: Class does not implement if_oo_adt_classrun~main method!

The only change I made to the source code is to replace xxx with an arbitrary number of 901. The table is not updated when I verify with F8.

It must be something simple but I can't find anything.

Thanks/Morris.

9 REPLIES 9

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, check again.

0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Yes, it works now. Thank you for the quick help. What happened if I may ask? I did restart Eclipse before trying.

Morris.

I don't know 🙂

hankatrading
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Just activate the changes before trying to test it.

BobMc
Participant
  • Just in case it is useful for someone searching for reasons for this error.
  • Here are the reasons i have seen:

.1. the cloud platform account / BTP has logged out due to inactivity while working in ADT/Eclipse. Log back into the cloud platform / BTP account, save & activate the class to fix this.

.2. when working on a single development object, the activation (Shift+F3) has left some part of the development inactive. When activating, choose Activate All (Ctl+Shift+F3) to ensure all objects are active.

0 Kudos

Excellent, Thanks for "Remember Activate All Objects". Like a newes classic abapers

Regards,

Robert

ttt567890
Discoverer
0 Kudos

You should active the class first.

damodara5590
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi morris_wang9,

If you have Used that Interface code, Could you Please Share the Sample Code,

am Trying to scheduling Back ground Job using this Interface, it will be helpful for me.

anne-petteroe
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos
Hello, While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as an answer in an old thread.I've converted your answer to a comment, but even so -- posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.

If you're looking for help, you should ask a new question: https://answers.sap.com/questions/ask.html.

Best regards,
Anne