Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extend standard ABAP CDS View with YTD,QTD values

saathi88
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Techies,

We have a requirement to add YTD,QTD values to standard fiori application(Eg. Trial Balance).

CDS view to be extended I_GLAcctBalanceCube which is extensible, here we need to add custom YTD,QTD values. Later in consumption view we can have metadata extension to get displayed in fiori app.

How do we extend standard CDS view with custom YTD,QTD and WTD values.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

SAT

5 REPLIES 5

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

0 Kudos

Hi jasmin,

Thanks for the quick reply.

if we have fields already available in below level CDS and they are not exposed to fiori app then we can use metadata extensions to display them in fiori app. but in my case we dont have YTD, QTD values in below levels of CDS as well( These would be completely new/custom fields).

first i need to calculate YTD,QTD values and then display, it is really helpful if you can put some light that how can we calculate those.

Best Regards,

SAT.

Hi SAT,

but then the question is, if the CDS view is extensible (either via developer or key user extensibility). You might need to add a bit more information on your specific use case so experts can answer :-).

Best,
Jasmin

0 Kudos

I see he has clearly mentioned he needs to add YTD, MTD, QTD data and that is what he does not knows how to calculate and add that.

SeshaP
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Create an extension view for the standard cds view.

refer blog : https://saplearners.com/how-to-extend-standard-cds-views/

For YTD & MTD check standard cds view C_SglGregorianCalDateFunction

Thank you