Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Find percentage of duration

former_member539238
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I have a requirement where I need to calculate percentage of duration. I have the percentage. Number of days and number of hours separately. Any way to calculate the number days and hours , equavalent to percentage of actual duration.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member593648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you clarify a little bit more with an example of as to what you are trying to do here ?

I would convert the hours to days (i.e. divide by 24 ) so 2 days and 10 hours will be something like 2.416 days, then convert the duration to days too..say 2 hrs - 0.08 days and calculate the percentage - i.e. (0.08/2.416)X100 = 3.31% . Is that what you are trying to do here ?

3 REPLIES 3

former_member593648
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Can you clarify a little bit more with an example of as to what you are trying to do here ?

I would convert the hours to days (i.e. divide by 24 ) so 2 days and 10 hours will be something like 2.416 days, then convert the duration to days too..say 2 hrs - 0.08 days and calculate the percentage - i.e. (0.08/2.416)X100 = 3.31% . Is that what you are trying to do here ?

0 Kudos

Just wanted to know if there is any standard FM that does the job for me. Created the custom one anyway.

matt
Active Contributor

Basic maths?