Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTP_CONNECT User has no access authorization for computer RSFTP003

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

Running RSFTP003 with valid user/pw results in "User ... has no access authorization for computer ..." error. I am able to connection test SAPFTP successfully and connect from desktop using SFTP from command window (also FileZilla, etc.. work fine). I found a few other posts on this error but they all said "resolved" without any explanation as to how :).

The server requires SFTP (SSH). Is there something special I need to do when calling FTP_CONNECT for SFTP or is it all setup in the RFC/Linux side?

Also, is there a simple way move a file from local PC to a directory on the app server (Linux) WITHOUT loading it into ABAP with GUI_UPLOAD and then output...

Thanks,

Brian

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you looking for a one time deal or an ongoing process? If it is just one time, then you can use the transaction CG3Z. For moving files from server to desktop, you can use CG3Y.

10 REPLIES 10

Former Member
0 Kudos

Are you looking for a one time deal or an ongoing process? If it is just one time, then you can use the transaction CG3Z. For moving files from server to desktop, you can use CG3Y.

former_member194669
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Instead of using RSFT003

use RSFTP002 and give Unix command for move files and check

User                              anonymous             " Give User name          
Password                          ****************************** 
Host                              999.999.99.999      " Give your IP for FTP           
Command 1                         ls /pub                        
Command 2                                                        
Command 3                                                        
RFC Destination                   SAPFTPA                        
Compress                          N                              

For moving files from frontend to app server use transaction code CG3Z

0 Kudos

Thanks for the replies.

This is for an ongoing process.

I tried RSFTP002 - same error message. Also, CG3Z uses GUI_UPLOAD behind the scenes (it is reading the data in to memory then simply writing out with OPEN DATASET) - this is what I am trying to avoid...

0 Kudos

That is why I asked if it is an ongoing process. I am assuming this will always be run online(not in batch and not in background) because there is no desktop if it is not online/dialog unless your desktop has a static address/name which is available in your network as a network drive.

You can create your FTP script in Linux on the application server and keep all your FTP commands and login information in that script. Then you create a logical command in SAP using transaction code SM69. Once you create your logical command, you can then execute this logical command using the function module SXPG_COMMAND_EXECUTE. You can even get adventurous with this by having file name and desktop directory as parameters in your script, have the same parameters defined in your program and pass them to the function module.

0 Kudos

I was afraid of that - was hoping to avoid using scripts. Thanks Srinivas.

0 Kudos

Well, at least you can keep the login information outside of your ABAP code. Typically the application server network folders have much more tighter access controls than your SE38 ABAP display access. So you can feel much safer to write a script.

0 Kudos

I agree - security is better/tighter on the app server folders.

I'm going to leave this open for another day or two to see if any more ideas surface, then close it. Thanks again.

BrianVanderwiel
Participant
0 Kudos

...marking as answered. I may open a separate thread with a better title to re-ask the unanswered portion:

"Also, is there a simple way to move a file from local PC to a directory on the app server (Linux) WITHOUT loading it into ABAP with GUI_UPLOAD and then output..."

0 Kudos

if you didn't post a new question yet, use transaction CG3Y to copy from frontend to server (and CG3Z for the opposite)

0 Kudos

See my earlier response...

"Also, CG3Z uses GUI_UPLOAD behind the scenes (it is reading the data in to memory then simply writing out with OPEN DATASET) - this is what I am trying to avoid..."