Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting the log for the job.

rajesh_nayak2
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Can anybody tell me how to get the application log for a particular job?

Scenario:- I have a report which submits the program in background.

that report creates the delivery groups.

I need to get the application log details and send as attachment to the email .

if job failed to create the delivery groups.

there is a function module " APPL_LOG_READ_DB" but it does not get the log based on the jobs but rather than transaction.

Does anybody have any idea?

Thanks,

Rajesh.

6 REPLIES 6

kjan
Explorer
0 Kudos

Please try following FM: BP_JOBLOG_READ

0 Kudos

This function module gets the job log details .. not the application log details. If the creation of delivery groups fails its writing into application log.

Former Member
0 Kudos

is it a custom job? if yes then while writing the log, pass the external id in the app log as the job name.

then you can retrieve the log based on the external id

0 Kudos

No. With the the FM . APPL_LOG_READ_DB I am able to get the application logs for the transaction required.

But if user executes the same job (same pgm) one after other which will be submitted in background and if that executes at the same time the logs for the both jobs may mismatch or interchange since above FM gets appl logs based on transaction starttime endtime and object id. then I cant be sure which appl log corresponds to which job ... and these logs will be sent in email when the job finished execution.

0 Kudos

you have to pass the external id as job number some where.. else you cant read it..

which standard report are you scheduling by the way?

0 Kudos

Its a custom trasaction based on the user inputs.

what I did is retrieve based on the job start time and end time as the job is immedietly triggered.