Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HANA1909 trial, expired Maintenance_HDB key

abo
Active Contributor

In HANA 1909 trial edition the SLICENSE transaction shows the following:

Obvious question first: should I care about the expired license?

Deeper question: what is it required for?

I know the currently valid one will soon expire and that one will have to be replaced for sure, I have already gone through it once already.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

LaurensDeprost
Contributor

Hi Andrea,

IMO you should not care about the expired maintenance license.

Normally, the 'Maintenance_HDB' maintenance license is required for system maintenance-related operations like downloading updates & support packages (think of transactions SUM/Software Update Manager or SPAM/Support Package Manager). For future updates of the trial/developer system you simply have to switch to a more recent release.

See SAP Note 1898812 - How to renew a Maintenance Certificate or remove duplicates.

2 REPLIES 2

LaurensDeprost
Contributor

Hi Andrea,

IMO you should not care about the expired maintenance license.

Normally, the 'Maintenance_HDB' maintenance license is required for system maintenance-related operations like downloading updates & support packages (think of transactions SUM/Software Update Manager or SPAM/Support Package Manager). For future updates of the trial/developer system you simply have to switch to a more recent release.

See SAP Note 1898812 - How to renew a Maintenance Certificate or remove duplicates.

abo
Active Contributor

Thank you for the detailed explanation, I fully agree about switching instead of upgrading!

I happened to run SLICENSE in A4H because NPL had expired and I got curious about the other system.