Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I map T162S-FAUS1 and FAUS2 values to their respective fields

former_member600549
Participant

You can customize field selection for services using ML90. This uses view V_T162S.

I need a way to know which field corresponds to each position in this string. I need to be able to map the field to its corresponding values in that string.

Is there a table that will tell me which position each field is in so I can 'decode' the strings for FAUS1 and FAUS2? Is there a function module I should use instead?

EDIT:

The reason I'm doing this is that there are service fields that are configured to be required/hidden in the iw32 external tab. These are set via transaction ml90. I am trying to write a rfc that will return each field with their current configuration.

3 REPLIES 3

former_member600549
Participant
0 Kudos

I see tables

Should be able to get the mappins to FAUS1 and FAUS2 this way I think.

EDIT:

I've found that In table T162F, the field FAUNR (Field selection: column number) represents which position of the string (FAUS1/FAUS2) is for which screen field. But T162F we only see the description of the field and it's keyed on language.

I need to link this FAUNR to the actual screen field. I have not found a clear way to do this yet.

I am looking at table T162V which screen fieldnames but it is not obvious how to these two tables relate to each other.

0 Kudos

hello
Do you know where I can see which field represents each position in the chain, in the FAUSW of table T156B?

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Look at table TMODU, select with fields selection name and number to get table and field name.