Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to add a screen for tcode iw42

s2024
Explorer
0 Kudos

hello friends

i wanna add a screen for tcode iw42. what should i do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I don't know any customer exit for displaying a custom screen at save time, but you may enhance IW42 via the Enhancement Framework.

The main screen is dynpro 0001 of function group CMFU. You can clearly see what the flow logic is. I guess the validation is done in the PAI of the different subscreens.

Save button finally triggers the subroutine FCODE_BU of function group CMFU, I guess you can place your code at the beginning.

If you have a question about dynpro technology, popup and so on, they are not related to IW42, you can find many answers in the forum.

8 REPLIES 8

moshenaveh
Community Manager
Community Manager
0 Kudos

Welcome to the SAP Community. Thank you for visiting us to get answers to your questions.

Since you're asking a question here for the first time, I'd like to offer some friendly advice on how to get the most out of your community membership and experience.

First, please see https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as this resource page provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members. Second, feel free to take our Q&A tutorial at https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-qa.html, as that will help you when submitting questions to the community.

I also recommend that you include a profile picture. By personalizing your profile, you encourage readers to respond: https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/community-profile.html.

Now for some specific suggestions on how you might improve your question:

* Outline what steps you took to find answers (and why they weren't helpful) -- so members don't make suggestions that you've already tried.

* Share screenshots of what you've seen/done (if possible), as images always helps our members better understand your problem.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

The more details you provide (in questions tagged correctly), the more likely it is that members will be able to respond.

I hope you find this advice useful, and we're happy to have you as part of SAP Community!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You should tell precisely what kind of screen you want to add, where you want to add it, when you want it to be displayed, etc.

s2024
Explorer
0 Kudos

I want to create an alv report. the output of this alv is supposed to be displayed in iw42 under the save button.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Do you mean that after the user has clicked the SAVE button, you want to display a custom ALV screen in a popup screen or in a fullscreen not related to IW42 (over IW42 screen) ? Could you draft it, just to be sure people can understand what you mean ?

s2024
Explorer
0 Kudos

After the user has pressed the Save button, I wanna display the alv output in a full screen unrelated to iw42, but I would be grateful if you could also explain the pop-up. Should I use a special user-exit or badi?

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Did you try to create a ZIW42, calling the IW42 and after calling the ALV ?

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

I don't know any customer exit for displaying a custom screen at save time, but you may enhance IW42 via the Enhancement Framework.

The main screen is dynpro 0001 of function group CMFU. You can clearly see what the flow logic is. I guess the validation is done in the PAI of the different subscreens.

Save button finally triggers the subroutine FCODE_BU of function group CMFU, I guess you can place your code at the beginning.

If you have a question about dynpro technology, popup and so on, they are not related to IW42, you can find many answers in the forum.

0 Kudos

thankThank you very much, I will do that.