Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deactivate Odata V4

P281512
Participant
0 Kudos

I had installed SAP DEV Server 1909 provided by SAP as a docker instalation mid 2021
One instance I installed in my home Linux CENTOS8 desktop server

A second install in Google Cloud Platform (GCP) that I usually use only when not at home

I tried to learn a bit of Odata v4 and went ahead and tried a few things in the CENTOS home esrver

I want to know how to "de-activate" Odata v4 and have only Odata V2

Anre Fischer replied! I am honoured!!

Hi Andre,

I have access to only S4Hana versions ABAP1809 and ABAP1909

/n/IWFND/V4_ADMIN much discussed Tcode
was used to activate OData v4 in ABAP1909

But now I want to rollback this activation and have only Odata V2

Please suggest how to deActivate Odata V4

Regards
Jayanta

andre.fischer andre.fischerBlog Post Author May 18, 2023 at 7:06 pm

Hi Jayanta,

OData V4 services can be deactivated using transaction /IWFND/V4_ADMIN as well by simply deleting the respective service group.

I do see however a problem with your requirement.

Based on the releases that you have mentioned 1809 and 1909 I assume that all of your OData V4 Services are based on code based implementation using the SAP Gateway Framework.

The service implementation of such services is based on the SAP Gateway OData V4 framework API's which are not compatible with the SAP Gateway OData V2 framework API's.

That means you will not be able to publish your OData V4 service implementations as OData V2 services.

This will only become available with business objects based on the ABAP RESTful Application Programming Model (RAP) as of SAP S/4HANA 2021 FSP1. Because in RAP the service implementation does not depend on the Service Binding or described the other way round, a RAP BO can be published either as V2 or V4 service binding.

Kind regards,

• SAP Managed Tags:
2 REPLIES 2

SowmyaSurekha
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi jayanta.choudhuri2,

Goto the T-Code - /IWFND/V4_ADMIN ,
See left side top Service Group select your service group & right click on your service group &
delete that service group & again publish the service group.

Thank You,
Sowmya.

• SAP Managed Tags:

0 Kudos

Hi Sowmya
I have access to S4HANA 1909 and S4HANA 1809
I love JSON but as Andre Fischer seemed to suggest I better wait for SAP S/4HANA 2021 FSP1

Thanks for your comment.
Has SAP main ERP used OADATA4 yet?
Can ODATA2 and ODATA4 coexist?
Can CDS specify what version of ODATA in needed.
Regards
Jayanta

• SAP Managed Tags: