Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to flushing / refill the table TAUNIT_PROG_INFO

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor

Dear experts,

We recently started developing unit test. In our DEV System they were working fine.

However the did not work in our QA System. This is what we tried:

• We had our system: et to "Test" in T000 and
  • We had our name space registered via program SATC_AC_INIT_NAMESPACE_REG.
  • We did set up the system using SAUNIT_CLIENT_SETUP as well.
  • Name Space setting (via SE03) were set to P and had valid keys as well
However we still could not executed the unit test and did get strange error messages.
Debugging revealed that we had "wrong" entries in the table TAUNIT_PROG_INFO. We delete these entries - run the unit test again - > and voila the unit test started to work and correct table entries were created.

Is there any other way to force this table to be re-populated? Like an official report or transaction?

Any suggestions welcome!

Thanks in advanve

Mark
4 REPLIES 4

UweFetzer_se38
Active Contributor

Just for my own interest: why do you want to run unit tests in QA? If a test passes in DEV it should also pass in QA and vice versa.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You should search for SAP notes based on the symptom you had (BTW you didn't explain what is was), and ask the SAP support if you don't find anything.

0 Kudos

No feedback, so I complement what I said... The note 1308380 - ABAP Unit: Meta data not current says that the table can be recalculated with program SAUNIT_PROG_INFO (but it used to be necessary and applies only to releases up to 7.01).

Mark-Pfister
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Uwe,

Thanks for your comment!

Sure - if QA and DEV are setup 100% identically...
Since our coding depends on a lot of customizing (that we need to deliver to our clients) we want to make sure that all are customizing in on the right transports - and therefore in QA. Therefore we want re-test in QA, with automated tests.

Furthermore our DEV and QA are on slightly different EhPs since our customers are on different EhPs and we can not have a separate DEV and system for every EhP that we support. Therefore we use our QA System to make sure our coding runs fine on the other EhPs.

If there are other ways to get this done - please let me know.

Kind Regards

Mark