Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make the Search Help of userid work well like in SU01.

zhang-hao
Explorer
0 Kudos

I add an item (userid) which can be used with Search Help to the following screen, but the Search Help doesn't work well.

I can only use one item with the Search Help now. How to make the Search Help of userid work well like in SU01?

By the way, I use XUBNAME as userid's Data Element.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

So you want the collective search help USER_COMP used in SU01, this search help is referenced by more than a dozen of data elements, just perform in SE11 a where-used search and select the one with the better description (or attach the search help in your structure definition)

5 REPLIES 5

akmal1216
Employee
Employee

Hello Hao,

There is standard search help SX_USER which is for the data element SO_USER_NAM.

You can try this one as well.

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.
I checked the data element SX_USER, but the length of the data type is 40, and it seems that it cannot be used for this customization.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

So you want the collective search help USER_COMP used in SU01, this search help is referenced by more than a dozen of data elements, just perform in SE11 a where-used search and select the one with the better description (or attach the search help in your structure definition)

0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer.
I tried the method you suggested, and now I can use the same search help as SU01.

ThorstenHoefer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just use:

parameter p_user type SUID_ST_BNAME-bname.