Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to reconnect to an SE38 session

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Apologies if this is the wrong space or if it has been asked before - I can't find it.

I have a dodgy internet connection (through no fault of my own!) and I often get booted out of my SE38 session.

When I log back in I get the message saying I still have sessions and do I wish to terminate them - so my SE38 session is still there and I can see it.

My question: is there any way I can reconnect with that SE38 session so I can hit Save (which I should be doing way more often, I know).

This is through the bog standard SAP Logon.

thanks in advance

Rick

5 REPLIES 5

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Just like we can reconnect to disconnected RDP sessions on server consoles. Yep, that would be useful. However, so far I'm unaware of a way to do that. Another space where someone might know more, though, could be , or .

Former Member
0 Kudos

There used to be a logon - reconnect option, but this was removed years ago. Don't know why this was done. It was really useful.

Rob

0 Kudos

Yep, was one of the most used features of the early SAP Gui versions I worked on - as Rob has said, I really don't know why this feature disappeared as it was very, very useful.

0 Kudos

Rob Burbank wrote:

There used to be a logon - reconnect option, but this was removed years ago. Don't know why this was done. It was really useful.

Rob

Yes, I remember that too, was really handy.

Anyway, Rick, the obvious questions (sorry if it's too obvious) is: can't you use Eclipse? that problem would likely go away.

Cheers,

Custodio

0 Kudos

Eclipse? I was at The Great Eclipse of August 1999, I experienced Totality in Northern France.

We had complete darkness, the birds stopped singing, and a cold wind blew.

Is it something like that?

Can't say I've used Eclipse yet but after a bit of googling I see what it is. I'm assuming it has AutoSave. Maybe one day...

Thanks for the responses. Maybe this thread will show up the next time someone searches for this question.

I'll keep it open a while longer while I try a few things.