Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to "Activate Anyway" in ADT?

GuyF
Active Participant

Hi All,

I have a code which I copied from a customer system to a Developer Edition system, in order to upload it to GitHub. There are some missing objects in the Developer Edition system and therefore I am getting syntax errors, but that is irrelevant, since I know this code is correct and is working.

In the "old" SE80 editor we could just choose to "Activate Anyway", but I could not find an option to do so in ADT. Am I missing something, or is this functionality simply not included?
I think that I was able to activate a code with syntax errors in ADT once, but I'm not sure, and in any case I do not remember how I did it.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Guy,

you can also use the "Progress" View in Eclipse. Here you will see this entry after activation with syntax-errors. I think that's the better option here.

Regards,

Thomas.

7 REPLIES 7

Florian
Active Contributor

A solution would be to open the object with gui and then activate it.

As this is something which is really not a common task I'm not sure if there will be this option on the roadmap.

If you want to have it on your fingertips, you could create it as a report for example with function

'REPS_OBJECT_ACTIVATE'

and if you want to be more common... you could create an extension for ADT and put it in the marketplace 🙂

GuyF
Active Participant

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your response. It is not what I wanted to hear, but better to hear that it is not possible then receive incorrect information :-).

I think I will just open the object in SAP GUI and activate if I need, rather than develop an extension. The fact that I don't know how to develop such an extension is only part of the reason for that :-).

Florian
Active Contributor

Hi Guy,

if that's the only problem you can have a look here:

https://blogs.sap.com/2014/08/27/creating-a-abap-in-eclipse-plug-in-using-the-adt-sdk/

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Guy,

please go into the preferences page of Eclipse and unmark the first check box "Always run in background". Then you will get a popup during activation if you want to activate with syntax-errors.

Regards,

Thomas.

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thank you Thomas.

I think that I willl keep this option disabled, except when I need to activate regardless of syntax errors. I have to admit that I am also relieved to know that I did not imagine this option before :-).

ThFiedler
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Guy,

you can also use the "Progress" View in Eclipse. Here you will see this entry after activation with syntax-errors. I think that's the better option here.

Regards,

Thomas.

GuyF
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks. I think that this is probably what I saw, since I did not change the settings you mentioned above.