Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issues with Updating Field ZZFECPAGOP in BSEG Table Using SAP Build Process Automation

digital_core
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am currently developing a flow in SAP Build Process Automation to update the ZZFECPAGOP field in the BSEG table. I have successfully established a connection with SAP using the "Set SAP Connection (Basic)" activity, which is functioning correctly.

I have set up the necessary parameters for the BAPI FI_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE. In the import section, I have included the S_BSEG table with the ZZFECPAGOP column.

In the table sections, I have IT_BUZTAB and IT_FLDTAB, configured as shown in the attached images

Additionally, in TPIT_T_ERRDOC, I have replicated the structure as it appears in the images.

In my flow, I have used the "Execute BAPI" and "Commit BAPI" activities. For "Execute BAPI", I have specified FI_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE as the BAPI name, the SAP connection, and the variables related to the import and table sections. I have left the "changing" field empty. In "outputs", I have attempted to use the variable associated with TPIT_T_ERRDOC, but encountered compatibility issues.

When executing the flow, I face two main errors:

1. If I specify a field in "outputs" (like BELNR within the DOC object in TPIT_T_ERRDOC), I receive the error: "Cannot read properties of undefined (reading 'DOC')".

2. f I leave the "outputs" field empty, the error is: "BAPI exception: cannot find STRUCTURE specified by TPIT_T_ERRDOC".

Additionally, I have noticed that TPIT_T_ERRDOC does not appear as a table or structure in transaction SE11, but as a view. This leads me to believe that this could be the root of the problem.

I would greatly appreciate any guidance or solution you can provide to resolve these issues.

I am attaching relevant images for a better understanding of the current configuration.

Best Regards,

DC

3 REPLIES 3

Venkat_Vyza
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi @digital_core,

Did you test it first directly in the backend before getting onto Build Process Automation? Did it work over there?

Thank you,

Venkat Vyza

digital_core
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi venkat_vyza

Yes, I did test it directly in the backend before implementing it in Build Process Automation, and everything worked correctly there.

digital_core
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello chaitanyapriya.puvvada,

I was wondering if you have an idea of how to solve this issue while i'm trying to call FI_ITEMS_MASS_CHANGE BAPI. I'll be gratefull if you can help me to solve this problem.

Thank you.