Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBG entry in SM37

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Folks,

I was able to debug a cancelled job in SM37 using JDBG.

When we debug a background job in SM37 using JDBG will it not create an entry in SM37 with the status of the job ?

Thanks,

K Kiran.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, JDBG runs the program in dialog, so that you can debug it, with the same parameters as in the job. JDBG doesn't schedule a new job, it doesn't change the state of the "template" job.

If you are an ABAP developer, you can create your own tiny test program and test yourself in few seconds.

REPORT.
PARAMETERS dummy.
ASSERT 1 = 1. " break-point here
4 REPLIES 4

matt
Active Contributor

When you debugged the cancelled job in SM37 using JDBG, did it create an entry in SM37 with the status of the job?

Well, that's your answer.

kiran_k8
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No it didn't create any entry in SM37. That is the main reason why I had raised this question.

Actually the job is ending with a dump in ST22 due to some reason for which I am debugging.

It is dumping with details in ST22 but no cancelled entry is showing in SM37.

Thanks,

K.Kiran.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

No, JDBG runs the program in dialog, so that you can debug it, with the same parameters as in the job. JDBG doesn't schedule a new job, it doesn't change the state of the "template" job.

If you are an ABAP developer, you can create your own tiny test program and test yourself in few seconds.

REPORT.
PARAMETERS dummy.
ASSERT 1 = 1. " break-point here

svraut29
Newcomer
0 Kudos

When you debug a job using JDBG in SM37, it does not create a new entry in SM37. We cannot see the status or spool for the debugged job in SM37.

To know the status of debugged job, you can set breakpoint at the error message to check if the error is recurring.

To check the spool, in debugger, go to Miscellaneous > Display List. It will show the spool printed so far by debugged job. You can set breakpoint at last line of program and check the complete spool.