Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW - avoid error message

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When I create my LSMW batch recording I get an error message "Please fill in the PC field", and then I enter a value and proceed and everything looks fine.

When the batch session is created and I execute the batch job, I get the same message but the field doesn't get filled even though in my recording I fill the field?

All help is greatly appreciated. My error message looks as follows:

5 REPLIES 5

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Difficult to answer if you don't explain what you did in your LSMW...

former_member201275
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sandra,

Sorry, you are correct!

In the LSMW, in my recording I use transaction PP02, I enter a position number, then the infotype 9055, and hit "enter". I get then the same screen as in the screenshot above, except that at first the "PC" and "Grd.Adj.Comment" fields are greyed out until I enter "D" in Grade Position.

As soon as I enter "D" then the 2 other fields become available and I get the error message immediately but can still fill these fields and then save. At least with a recording it is possible.

The issue is when running the batch session the error message (which comes from the PAI section of the code) appears, and the session doesn't enter a value.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

Did you run your session with display mode = A to confirm that the "session doesn't enter a value"? What is the exact symptom after you see the error message?

BalaAP
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Adding to Sandra Rossi's comments, I suggest the following:

1.While recording using LSMW or SHDB, plan with your input data correctly. Input correct values in to the screen and do the recording without error messages. Don't record the key presses for error messages.

2.Try to use keyboard and avoid using Mouse clicks for recording.

3.Please avoid recording when the screen fills in the default values in the screen (for example, Start Date will be defaulted etc.)

Well said, Added to that, Please use Tab key to navigate. Do not press Enter untill confirmation