Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LSMW conversion program uses wrong fixed length

0 Kudos

Hello folks!

I have got an LSMW in which I have stated Valid on date(SEL_DATE) to 10 characters long. Reading program is taking whole date, but when it comes to the conversion program it only reads 1 character.

In display conversion program target structure definition is set to 1, instead of correct 10:

I do not have authorization for edition mode. I have tried to use translation in Define Field Mapping and Conversion Rules step, but even though translation is set to 10 characters conversion program is still reading only 1 character

Is there anything that I can do to fix it?

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for visiting SAP Community to get answers to your questions. Since this is your first question, I recommend that you familiarize yourself with: https://community.sap.com/resources/questions-and-answers, as the overview provides tips for preparing questions that draw responses from our members.

Should you wish, you can revise your question by selecting Actions, then Edit.

By adding a picture to your profile you encourage readers to respond: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46bt1juWUUM

Keep in mind, when you receive an answer that was helpful to you, accept it as best answer.

Best,

Your SAP Community moderator

pataselano
Active Contributor

Please check field length on the 'Maintain Source Fields' step.

0 Kudos

Hello Andy!

Thanks for response!

Length for Valid on date is set to 10 in define source fields steps:

When I go to step Display read data it imports 10 characters from the file. The problem occurs in conversion program:

The source structure have correct value - 10 characters, while target structure is set to only 1 character

0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

Thanks for reply! Field length for source field is set to 10. On a step Read Data it imports whole date with 10 characters.

The issue starts on convert data step. In conversion program source data is defined properly with 10 characters, while target structure contains wrong input of 1 character:

petenight ,

In menu 'Object Overview - Table', you can see structure of table PIRVAL4.

If length of SEL_DATE field is 'CHAR 000001' then you should repeat recording process of LSMW.

Maybe, you assign incorrect field at recording process.

0 Kudos

Hello Andy,

in the recording the selected field is correct SEL_DATE, with default input 10 characters values.

Recording overview

In object overview target field length is set to 01 and I don't know how to adjust it:

I have came across same issue with other LSMW projects when it comes to mapping of the Valid on target field length.