Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to find How Ztable is updating..

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Need Suggestions.
I have one ztable, After posting the VL02N, PGI, It is updating. I need to find which technical object is triggering. the below ways i tried to find the object, but have not found anything.
1) se11 where used list i checked, 3 custom objects like program and class methods are there,
i put break point , while posting PGI, It is not triggered. I even tried, system update debug mode i enabled,
no use.

2)there is no log enabled for this table, and first there is no TMG for this table, I think no need to check
TABLE Events..

3)I tried St05 trace also. exact solution did not get.

4) scan the system using program "RS_ABAP_SOURCE_SCAN" given Package as all the z-package list
and in the string given ztable name, some technical obejcts got, what i got from the point 1. Same objects, No use.

PGI Posted(document)... I enable the debugger after posting...
Some standard code triggering... some where In standard code.. Commit used.. some lines are executing.
Now if i see table is updating... How .. what is the link... and where can check... code which is related to my table.

Any info.. how could i trace it, from where it is updating.

6 REPLIES 6

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check using ST03n, maybe you will find the UPDATE activity on this table if the trace is activated

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If ST05 isn't working, then the table is being updated from outside of SAP.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You debug and activated update debug, and find nothing.

Did you also look for trfc execution (i.e. CALL FUNCTION IN BACKGROUND TASK at commit) - In the debug menu : Settings, Display/Change debugger settings, select the flag “tRFC (In Background Task): Block Sending”. - Any FM executed in BACKGROUND TASK wont be executed immediatelly, but you will find and debug those with SM58 transaction.

0 Kudos

Thanks for ur reply.. Never seen before.
pgi posting... I enable the debugger after posting...
Some standard code triggering... some where In standard code.. Commit used.. some lines are executing.
Now if i see table is updating... How .. what is the link... and where can check... code which is related to my table.

Rashid_Javed
Contributor
0 Kudos

Strange that ST05 is not working. Was the trace activated with specific filter like specific user or client or program... may be that is why the Z-table activity is not captured.

if it is not Production environment, try to make the table inactive and then run VL02N. check if there are any short dumps or entries in SM21. That is another way to try.

RJv

former_member196331
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

pgi posting... I enable the debugger after posting...