Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not able to see data preview option for DDL source for CDS view at hana studio

0 Kudos

Hello I created a simple DDL source in a package in ABAP perspective in hana studio.

I activated it and no errors were there.

But i am not able to see the data preview for that DDL source CDS view in the option after doing right click.

But same option (data preview) was available in the open sap course for ABAP on HANA at same place.Please help.Thanks. -

9 REPLIES 9

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Suraj K,

I'm not an expert for this topic but maybe the following is still helpful for you:

1) Possible Workaround: Choose Run ABAP Development Object from the eclipse toolbar (or Alt-F8) and enter the name of your DDL source. If it is available in this dialog you can "execute" the DDL which should also start the data preview.

2) Do you know whether your tools are up to date? Is your HANA Studio receiving updates from the ABAP Development Tools Update Site?

Best regards,

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

Thank for ur reply.

Did as you said.

(1)I still dont get name of my ddl source in the alt-F8 list even it is an active object.

(2)  I have the IDE and it is not mine so not sure on that whether it is updating or not.

IF you can tell me the path then i can go and check the update status there.

Thanks.

Armin_Beil
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Choose from the Eclipse toolbar "Window" -> "Preferences" and in the popup "Install/Update" -> "Available Software Sites". There should an active entry with a location like

https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/mars or

https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/neon

If you have configured such a site you can choose from the Eclipse toolbar "Help" -> "Check for Updates" to get new updates.

You can check your current ABAP in Eclipse version via "Help" -> "About Eclipse SDK" -> Press the AiE Button.

In the resulting list there should be an entry with the feature ID "com.sap.adt.tools" that shows the version of your current ABAP in Eclipse installation. There should also be an an entry with the feature ID "com.sap.adt.datapreview".

I guess the openSAP course mentions some required minimum versions (ABAP in Eclipse, NetWeaver, etc.). You should check whether your ABAP in Eclipse and the NetWeaver version of your SAP system matches them.

Best regards,

Armin

0 Kudos

Hello Armin,

My version of ecllipse is -

Could that be  a problem  ?

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yes. That could be the problem. Please add the entries that Armin has mentioned in his previous post and update your Eclipse. Let me know if the problem persists.

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Yes i will try for this system is not mine.

Also,

Is the below problem due to my ecllipse version -

editor does not recognize the basic keywords and syntax of sql like "key" & "parameter" -

Thank you.

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Yes. It is possible. Can you paste a screenshot of your ADT tools version?

Armin has highlighted what to click in the dialog that displays the HANA Studio tools version.

We will get a better idea when we see that version/

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam

0 Kudos

Hello Bala,

Thanks,

PFB details.

Also tell me that I should upgrade to which system for complete availability.

I would also say on my ECC system -

Does it need an upgrade correspondingly -

Thanks a lot !!

0 Kudos

Hi Suraj,

Data Preview is not supported for your ECC version.

For more information on feature availability please refer to the blog:

http://scn.sap.com/community/abap/eclipse/blog/2013/06/05/adt-feature-availability-matrix-for-as-aba...

Thanks and Regards,

Shyam