Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Popup/Print Action Happening on FM call to BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE

awguthrie
Participant

Greetings,

We have a wrapper FM that calls 'BAPI_GOODSMVT_CREATE'. When using a certain storage location, at the end of the FM, there's an unwanted print event that happens.

- I tried to debug the program, and this occurs inside a 'COMMIT WORK.' statement. Following the program into this statement, I grabbed a screenshot where the 'print' event occurs (screenshot is attached).

Any tips on what might be the cause, or how to prevent this from happening?

Thank you

7 REPLIES 7

Damean
Active Contributor

Calling the Microsoft "OneNote" program; is NOT a standard SAP behavior ... This tells me that you there's a custom mod\exit\enhancement within the wrapper. I don't see how Personas could overwrite backend system behavior.

So my cents ... you need to add additional conditional logic to the Wrapper Custom code; so as not to call the popup window under certain circumstances. Perhaps adding an additional input variable to the wrapper program to suppress ?

0 Kudos

I agree. OneNote should not launch. This does not seem to be standard SAP behavior. As damean-bf.chen said it is likely a custom mod/exit/enhancement somewhere. You should be able to verify this by looking for the enhancement.

This does not appear to be a Personas issue, but it is an ABAP issue as you can observe this in SAP without Personas. Perhaps this post should be in an ABAP tag? You may have better results solving this problem there.

Thanks,

Brian

0 Kudos

Thank you for the replies. After double checking I've updated the description. It really just seems to be a print event that occurs. I just don't know why it only happens with a certain storage location, or how to prevent this.

Damean
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Printing triggered based on Storage Location? Yes, I does see a possible explanation ..

Within MM-Output Determination Config (Tcode: NACE); it's possible to specify storage location as a trigger for the print event. E,g, Business could say .. If this is goods receipt for Storage Location "X"; then use the Output Type "XXYY". Now if this output type "XXYY" is high jacked by "OneNote" (i.e. You specify OneNote as your default windows printer); it will open up "OneNote" then.

Now the issue ... Personas may NOT communicate that well with Windows Printer; hence the issue with opening up a blank page? At least that has been my experience with SlipStream (i.e. If I used Slipstream; it will NOT handle Local Windows Print well).

0 Kudos

Damean, thanks for that additional information. I didn't see an MM entry, but I've attached a couple screenshots from the NACE tcode. The closest I saw referencing goods was M1. Does this show anything interesting?

Damean
Active Contributor

There's too many variables in MM Output determination for me to make a comment. The best thing is to talk to your MM configurer and asked directly...

If you really want to spend time learning\going down the rabbit hole ... Some hints .. Assuming your MM Config setting save the processing log ... Go to MB02 (or MIGO if you're in S/4), Navigate to the Line Item level and look at the output. It should show you the result of the Output Determination. The key thing that you want is the Output Types.

Then use the Output types and the Application to determine what access sequence that you used; then you would be find the condition record. A good blog describing the info as below:

https://blogs.sap.com/2013/04/28/configuring-output-device-for-good-receipt-slip-on-migo/

0 Kudos

Thank you for all that info, I will look into this!