Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem installing ABAP ADT Eclipse MacOS Ventura 13.5

jaysak
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

I have a problem when trying to install Abap Dev tools in Eclipse, I am currently using MacOS Ventura 13.5, following is the shown error:

start///

n error occurred while installing the items

session context was:(profile=epp.package.java, phase=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.engine.phases.Install, operand=null --> [R]com.sap.ide.support.feature_root.cocoa.macosx.x86_64 1.23.0, action=org.eclipse.equinox.internal.p2.touchpoint.natives.actions.ChmodAction).

The action chmod failed - file /Volumes/Eclipse/Eclipse.app/Contents/Eclipse/collectSupportInformation.command does not exist

end///

If anyone can help please do, thank you so much

2 REPLIES 2

bvz
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Just coming here to add that I ran into the same issue. Any solution?

EDIT: Just putting this here for anyone else that had this issue. I am new to the Mac OS, and this seems to be related to me not have Eclipse in the Apps folder, and launching it directly. After dragging the installer into the App folder and running it from there the install went fine for the ABAP additions.

ysoethoff
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi,

as already mentioned in the comment from Ben van Zyl - it looks like Eclipse was lunched directly from the mounted dmg file. Meanwhile it's possible to run applications this way, it's not how it's supposed to. In this case the application is run in a read only mode and the installation of additional features might not be possible (if thy require write access).

In this case, please copy the Eclipse application into either the 'Application' folder of your Mac or in a folder of your choice, where the application has write access.

Kind regards,
Yannic