Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"No database table exists for table zProjectionView"

0 Kudos

I've created a projection view (zProjectionView) on basis table (zTable). zTable has some records. When i click on Contents button in zProjectionView's "Dictionary: Display View" page, then instead of the records being displayed, i get notification:

No database table exists for table zProjectionView

Message no. MO405

15 REPLIES 15

GK817
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Can you go to SE14 and 'Activate and adjust' the DB table?

GK

0 Kudos

I 'Activate and adjust'ed with no problem. The problem in view is still there.

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

C V,

Is your ZPROJECTION VIEW activated successfully? If not, please try activating in SE14 as suggested above by Gaurav Karkara.

If yes please check if you are checking it on same client where the data exists.

Regards!

0 Kudos

I did activate the view in its "Dictionary: Change View" page. In SE14 i activated the table. In SE14 when i'm trying to open the view i'm getting error:

Object zProjectionView cannot be edited using the DB utility

Message no. GT310

Yes, same client. But still not able to view the records via the view. No problem viewing the records via the table.

0 Kudos

Do you have MANDT (Client) field in your View? if not please Add.

0 Kudos

I created a new table; and a new projection view for the new table. Added 3 records in the new table. Then did everything suggested by u and Gaurav Karkara. But facing the same errors even for the new view.

0 Kudos
C V,Have you added MANDT or CLIENT field in this projection View?

0 Kudos

Yes i did but got the same errors.

0 Kudos

C V,

It should work, Can you try some other projection View with a standard table and see.

0 Kudos

Tried with a standard table, still same error. I followed the exact instructions as given on various websites, e.g.

http://www.teamabap.com/2014/05/projection-view.html

0 Kudos

C V,

Connect with your BASIS/SECURITY team and check if you have sufficient roles for the Same.

Regards!

former_member701193
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Facing the same issue in creation of Projection View. Did you get any solution ?

0 Kudos

dharmasekhar No. My senior too couldn't solve it.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This message is sent by function module RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE. It means that the so-called zprojectionview is neither a table, nor a view (so zprojectionview is not a projection view), nor a cluster, nor a pool.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

dharmasekhar This message (MO405) is sent by function module RS_TABLE_LIST_CREATE. It means that the so-called zprojectionview is neither a table, nor a view (so zprojectionview is not a projection view), nor a cluster, nor a pool.