Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read DBTABLOG with function module

martin_svik2
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have to read entries in DBTABLOG for a specific table in my Z-report.

The very old Table DBTABLOG has a LRAW field for the content which cannot be read directly.

I have searched SAP Notes and searched this forum here, but there is no "simple" solution for that: the functions modules DBLOG_READ*..... also only shows the LRAW field. The solution with submitting RSVTPROT and get back the ALV list into the report is horrible.

So is there any simple function module/class/method for reading the changes in a table -> i need the old value of a field and the new field.

br Martin

11 REPLIES 11

jasmin_gruschke
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi Martin,

you might have a look here: https://answers.sap.com/questions/1703877/read-dbtablog.html

Even better might be to have a look at the "state to the art" access to the application log, see https://help.sap.com/docs/btp/sap-business-technology-platform/reading-application-log (in case you are already on a system featuring those interfaces ;-)).

Best,
Jasmin

0 Kudos

jasmin.gruschke

Thank you, but link 1 i have already checked, it is exactly the problem i have -> there is no solution provided

About Link 2: the application log has nothing to do with my issue. I need a database-field change , there the application log is the wrong place 🙂

br Martin

0 Kudos

Hi Martin,
did you try FM DBLOG_READ_TABLE as mentioned in the first link?

Best,
Jasmin

0 Kudos

Hi Jasmin,

of course i have tried, but this FM also delivers the data ONLY in the LRAW format 😞

fedaros
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Take a look on this thread:
How to read DBTABLOG entries

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

You could also look at my answer at Get old and new values from DBTABLOG table

0 Kudos

raymond.giuseppi I already saw your answer before i posted my question here. But this is exactly what i said: i just want to have a simple "ready to go" FM or class/method for that issue. Why do we have to code it in that way ourself ? I mean sometimes SAP is questionable not to provide such things 😞 🙂

0 Kudos

martin.svik2 ABAP stuff is full of missing API. It has been like that since the beginning. SAP local initiatives sometimes, but it's globally a desert of APIs. I guess it's a mix of business objectives (time/cost for developing), education, etc. Ask SAP people directly of course.

0 Kudos

There is a SAP site Customer Influence and Adoption for this kind of request to SAP

raymond.giuseppi Sorry, but i need this within the nexe 2-3 weeks. Asking SAP for an Adoption will take...............until 2030 or so 🙂

(2030 is optimistic, isn't it?)

I'm afraid you'll have to create your own custom tool.