Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

read report into itab ,need find which line cause dump during Debug

0 Kudos

I know below statement cause dump, I try to find whcih line is too long during debug, but failure.

how to find which line of l_prog_tab_local cause error during debug?

how to using debugger script for this?

read report l_prog_tab_local into l_abap_source.

Can anyone help me in this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Search for the line of your report bigger than 72 char.

4 REPLIES 4

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Search for the line of your report bigger than 72 char.

emel
Explorer

This doesn't seem to be possible directly (at least not on 740 system I have access to). As a workaround, you can declare table of strings as your target internal table and do READ REPORT into that table - it should not short dump. Then you can inspect the contents of this internal table and find row(s) longer than whatever the line length of your original l_abap_source is.

0 Kudos

Hi,Milos,

It's 800 client, I can not add my our code directly. I want get dump reason of which line of Report Code during debug.Because code is larger,It's not possible to view code line by line.

Thanks

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor

You may search the forum/SAP Web site with your favorite Web search engine. I see many answers for search below. Based on the results, if it still doesn't solve, you may anyway refine your investigations and provide more information here.

read report line too long site:sap.com