Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Read / write IDOC

former_member184588
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working currently on order confirmations. I create the IDOCs from an XML string or get the IDOC from our vendors. I want to use the IDOCs to store the order confirmation information.

The tricky part is that I want to change the content of the IDOC and add / delete a position (via Dialog) from the order confirmation. Is there an "easy / best practice" way to change the IDOCs content and even delete / create segments?

Thanks, Vanny

1 REPLY 1

Jelena
Active Contributor

Not sure I understand your plan here... IDocs are not meant to store the data, they just act as the containers that pass the data from one place to another. So that statement is rather confusing. If you want to use an IDoc to add some mode information to the (sales?) order then it's a different question (Google "IDoc extension").

"Via dialog... from the order confirmation" - I'm not sure how you're envisioning this exactly. I'd suggest to add more details to the question. It's rather vague and just sounds odd otherwise.

Based on 0 replies most likely I'm not the only one having trouble understanding this.