Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Redefine Standard OData Service with new Sandard Property

Hi,

I try to add a standard property in a standard OData service.

I use the SEGW Transaction.
The external service name is "FAC_FINANCIAL_DOCUMENT_SRV_01" >> used in FIORI application "Manage Journal Entries (F0717)".
The standard project in SEGW is "FAC_FINANCIAL_DOCUMENT".

I try to add the property "EMPFB" (Payee/Payer).
This property exist in the ABAP Structure "FAC_S_ACCDOC_GL_ITM_ODATA_DSP" used in the entity type "Item" in the project "FAC_FINANCIAL_DOCUMENT".
She exist in the structure but not in the Properties of the Item's entities.

I tried to :

• Redefine and select just the Item entity within a new project : The new property was never available on the main service and the FIORI application was down.
  • Redefine and select all the entities within a new project, with and without "Overwrite Base/Extended Service", same result. (Error message in Gateway Error Log "Association Set HeaderDocumentViews not defined in Metadata". but the association exist ...
  • Change the standard project, but I can't (It seemed to easy ...)
  • Copy the standard project, add my new property and finaly change the service with the transaction /IWBEP/REG_SERVICE to use my new Data Model and Class, but I face to an error when I used the FIORI application "Value-List FAC_FINANCIAL_DOCUMENT_SRV_01.Header/AccountingDoc not found in Metadata".

My request seemed to be easy, but finally ... no
Do you have an idea ?

Thanks and Regards,
Youri

2 REPLIES 2

vladislavssem
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello.

If somebody else still faces this issue then use Implicit Enhancement in MPC_EXT class to add required field from structure for display in Fiori. Then it will work. For me it didn't work either with redefining standard oData service.

0 Kudos

Hi @vladislavssem, can you please add more details and a working example to add property "EMPFB" (Payee/Payer) for view and update in FAC_FINANCIAL_DOCUMENT_SRV_01? thanks in advance...