Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Release transport request from another SAP system

ouhamoumustapha
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please, I have a question about Transport Request, did we can release transport request from another SAP system?

Ex: can I use the quality system to release a transport request of development system?

If is this possible, please give me the procedure.

I need that because we will switch to another development system and not sure if all development transport request will be released before moving to the new one.

Thanks a lot for your help.

Mus

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm not sure what you are asking, the language barrier is too much for me. Anyway, you can create a transport request in any SAP system, release it and copy the files to any other SAP system and import it assuming version compatibility. That said, you should not break the landscape order unless you know what you are doing and have a good reason for doing it.

If you are switching to a new development system, it should be copy of the existing development system. If that isn't possible it should be a copy of QA + the requests from the old development system that have not yet made it to QA. In order to copy the requests, they need to be released. Otherwise they will not be available as files to be copied nor can you add them into the import queue of another SAP system.

edgar_nagasaki
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

No, by following usual ways (and not aware of other ways you could make use... maybe some RFC function call, a bit inventive ) you can't release a transport of a given system from another.

Regards,

Edgar

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How will the new development system be created if there are not released transport requests, are the two dev system in same landscape, can you elaborate on your project ?

BAPI_CTREQUEST_RELEASE is available for your requirement, you will need to define a RFC destination, but without more information this may not be of interest...

Regards,

Raymond