Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ABAP Development Tools – Error

foufou
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Expert ,

We are trying to install ABAP Development tool plugin in one of our Windows Laptop but we encountered with below listed error:

Cannot complete the install because one or more required items could not be found.

Software being installed: ABAP Enterprise Services and Integration Development Tools (Developer Edition) 1.175.1 (com.sap.adt.pitools.tlf.devedition.feature.group 1.175.1)

Missing requirement: ABAP Enterprise Services and Integration Development Tools (Developer Edition) 1.175.1 (com.sap.adt.pitools.tlf.devedition.feature.group 1.175.1) requires 'org.eclipse.equinox.p2.iu; org.eclipse.emf.query.feature.group [1.7.0,2.0.0)' but it could not be found.

-I used the latest version of Eclipse:

How can I fix this issue ?

Kind regards

4 REPLIES 4

BiberM
Active Participant

I currently don't have an S-User at hand. So I can't verify that this is exactly what you need before posting.

The SAP note 2369308 should contain every package dependency that is needed when installing ADT (especially offline).

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

That's definitely the right note. I'm not sure it will resolve the OPs issue, since it does seem to be just offline.

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You didn't explain which procedure you have used, but it seems you used the right one (to clarify, it's the below one), hence you should contact the SAP Support.

SAP Development Tools (ondemand.com)

Procedure

To install the front-end component of ADT, proceed as follows:

1. Get an installation of Eclipse 2023-09 (x86_64) (e.g. Eclipse IDE for Java Developers)
  2. In Eclipse, choose in the menu bar Help > Install New Software...
  3. Enter the URL https://tools.hana.ondemand.com/latest
  4. Press Enter to display the available features.
  5. Select ABAP Development Tools and choose Next.
  6. On the next wizard page, you get an overview of the features to be installed. Choose Next.
  7. Confirm the license agreements and choose Finish to start the installation.

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Is this a fresh install? I mean including the Eclipse? (It seems so, but I want to confirm).

Try installing the ABAP components one at a time. I only have the Core Development Tools installed. I don't need the rest. Do you need all the components?

There is an issue - don't know if it's resolved yet - with using 3.36.3 (but not installing so far as I know). Try 3.36.2 instead.