Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP ADT 3.38 New Where-Used dialog box not working

AndreasE
Discoverer

Hi community,

with the release of 3.38, SAP ADT introduced the new Where-Used Dialog:

Working with the New Where-Used Dialog 

This sounds very nice so I wanted to give it a try. I tried setting it in the reference but I don't get the new Dialog Box.

Sadly it appears that SAP ADT is not saving this preference and therefore the new Dialog Box is not showing up. I am checking the Checkbox in the preference, but when restarting eclipse, the checkmark will be set again to empty:

Eclipse_ADT_Preference.png

After Restart

Eclipse_ADT_Preference_removed.png

I tried to make a workaround with saving the settings. What I did is that I exported the preference file and tried to edit the value /instance/com.sap.adt.ris.search.ui/com.sap.adt.ris.search.ui.UsageReferences_PREF__WithOptions manually to TRUE in the .epf file.

EPF_Preference_File.png

But when importing this file, the complete value is getting erased from the preference and the checkbox is again not set to true.

Does someone else experience this behavior or got this new Where-Used Dialog to work?

Thank you.

BR,

Andreas

2 REPLIES 2

MarcoK
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Andreas,

I also had a problem with the new where-used dialog and asked about a possible solution in the following posting:

new-where-used-dialog-not-working-in-eclipse-adt

It turns out, that this functionality only works with newer SAP releases. Maybe this is also the reason why it doesn't work for you.

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

thank you for your reply. It's a pitty that this feature is not implemented for on premise eclipse. Maybe there is hope that this feature might get implemented as it would really help looking up CDS Views for Database Tables. Right now I do that in the old GUI as it is possible to just reduce it to Data Source.

Thanks a lot for your help.

BR,

Andreas