Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Java Connector

timm_seitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello gents,

quick SAP Certification question.

Is it allowed to use the SAP JCo - if officially certified for a certain OS version , e.g. Windows, Solaris, etc. - in any public Cloud deployment without a dedicated SAP Cloud certification for this kind of "Kernel-related Software Component"?

I mean, there are many SAP Blogs out there with specific deployment descriptions of "also" other Kernel-related Software Components like, .e.g. SAP Web Dispatcher and there is always a list of related SAP Notes given at the end of such a blog, but without any reference to an official SAP Cloud Certification for those components.

On the other side there are official SAP Notes for the specific Cloud vendors and the certified SAP stacks, which you can run on top of this Cloud platforms.

A clear statement about the usage of those "Kernel-related Components" as part of a public Cloud deployment would be useful. Everyone does it, but is it really supported by SAP in case of a technical issue (Customer opens an official OSS Ticket)?

2 REPLIES 2

MarkusTolksdorf
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Timm,

I assume that you are referring to a deployment of JCo that is matching one of the supported OS/JVM combinations mentioned in SAP note 2786882. Whether the OS is running on a virtualized machine or real hardware is not distinguished in the case of JCo. For an ABAP system with its much more complex setup, this is different. Note: Certainly, still the standard license terms apply.

Best regards,
Markus

timm_seitz
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Markus,

many thanks for your reply.

But my question is not yet completely answered. I was told that the "SAP Certification" process for the OS/JVM combo is only related to the OnPrem world and that there is a dedicated "SAP Certification" for the Cloud world required - also for the so called Kernel related Components like, e.g. SAP JCo?