Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Saving ALV Grid to Local File issue - Missing half of the report

VijayaKrishnaG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Experts, Good Day.

I have developed an ALV Grid report using class CL_SALV_TABLE which displays 200 Columns and 100+ rows/records. It is displaying well, but when I am saving the output into local file (any type) there only 98 columns are downloading and remaining all the columns are missing.

I would like to know whether there is any restriction for number of columns or what might the problem for it. How can I download all the columns into local file.

Thanks in Adv.

Vijay

7 REPLIES 7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijay,

While downloading the report into excel there is no restriction to have these many fields.

Could you please provide the snippet code.

Regards,

Vineesh B    

0 Kudos

Hi, firstly thanks for your response.

My ALV code is like simple ALV just displayed using CL_SALV_TABLE. And I did not write any custom code for downloading. I am using download function which we get from ALV Functions (CL_SALV_FUNCTIONS_LIST->SET_ALL).

Thanks,

Vijay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vijaykrishna,

Can you try to download it to notepad and then copy-paste it to excel?

Regards,

Sudeesh Soni

0 Kudos

Hi Sudeesh,

Already I mentioned that 'local file of any time is getting same data (98 Columns)'.

Thanks

Vijay

VijayaKrishnaG
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Experts, Good day. Please help me on this.

Thanks & Regards,

Vijay

0 Kudos

Hi,

in CL_SALV_TABLE you have several ways to send data to EXCEL or local file.

You can send the list from menu to a locale file or use the Local File (Ctrl+Shift+F9) or Excel (Ctrl+Shift+F7) buttons.

Does your issue come with all three ways?  Does it come while downloading to RTF and without conversion?

Regards,

Klaus

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for your response. Even though there are multiple ways to send data to local file I believe all three are same. And even I am facing same issue all the ways. Only 98 Columns data is getting downloaded into Files (it might be .txt, .xls, etc.).

After downloading first 98 Columns, I am hiding the downloaded columns and again I am downloading remaining columns. Then I am merging in the Excel file. This is very complicated for the End-User. So, please help me out.

I have used only following methods for displaying ALV.

For initial object/instance:

CL_SALV_TABLE=>FACTORY,

For ALV functions:

CL_SAVL_TABLE->GET_FUNCTIONS,

CL_SALV_FUNCTIONS_LIST->SET_ALL,

For Column heading and Optimized width:

CL_SALV_TABLE->GET_COLUMNS,

CL_SALV_COLUMNS_TABLE->SET_OPTIMIZE,

CL_SALV_COLUMNS_TABLE->GET_COLUMN,

CL_SALV_COLUMN->SET_SHORT_TEXT,

To display grid:

CL_SALV_TABLE->DISPALY.