Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SE16N - label not visible

former_member246634
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a strange problem: I've created Z dbtab with some fields and one (flag) called ZCOPIED. I've also created my data element Z_WAS_COPIED and domain with the same name (type CHAR length 1). Strangely defined by me label "Copied?" is not displayed in SE16N. I've never faced that problem. I tried SE14 tcode, but it's not helping. However if I use other domain, eg. XFELD in my data element the label is displayed properly.

Has anyone faced similar problem?

I'd be gratefull for all answers.

Greetings,

Bartłomiej

13 REPLIES 13

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bartlomiej

In SE11 for your Data Element Z_WAS_COPIED have you assigned the relevant descriptions, there should be 4 possible options for you on the last Tab visible on the right.

Regards

Arden

0 Kudos

Yes, I've added four labels (short, medium, long, header). So far I am using "predefined type" with given by me field name, but it's not what i want. I have no idea why this 4 labels doesn't show up. I've created many data elements but there weren't any problems before.

0 Kudos

Hi.

Do you use different languages for login?

If so, the label will only be displayed in its original language until it is translated to the actual language.

regards,

Peer

0 Kudos

No, I was working just on one session, so there is no possibility of different languages.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even if you always work with a single language, did you copy/use any ddic object with another original language ?

Regards,

Raymond

0 Kudos

First I used domain XFELD in my Z_WAS_COPIED data element. Its language was DE so not my login language. Right after this I created second data element Z_WAS_COPIED_2 with domain CHAR1, but label in se16n was still blank.

0 Kudos

Hi Bartlomiej

Have you tried creating a fresh Data Element which uses your Login Language. Then performs steps as per Jelena to refresh the ALV/SE16N outputs?

Regards

Arden

HI.

The domain does not matter, because the label only depends on the data element, so you only have to check the language of the data element. If the data-element is definitely correct try to start the report BALVBUFDEL, which refreshes the ALV-Buffers in your system.

regards, Peer

Hi everyone,

I had the same problem.

Try to start the report BALVBUFDEL, which refreshes the ALV-Buffers in your system.

THANKS Peer!

0 Kudos

@Daniele Incampo Thanks a bunch. You saved me hours of debugging

0 Kudos

@daniele_incampo76 thanks ! it worked instantly.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

But what does show up instead of the label? Is it just blank? How wide is the column? Could label be just too long?

Does it also happen in SE16? Have you tried switching between List and Grid there?

Also - "have you tried turning it off and on again"? SE16N uses ALV and it's prone to all kinds of odd special effects due to buffer.

0 Kudos

There is a blank space instead of my label. I don't think that my label was too long because it was: "Copied?". In SE16 it shows tech name and it's fine, switching between List and Grid does not help. Of course I tried restarting , no effect.