Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Select option

0 Kudos

In selection screen when I give the docid and press enter it is giving the correct value in first select option and in the second selection ootion zeros are displaying ...how to delete the zeros from select option in selection screen..

Colud any one look into this and help me

Regards,

Shivani.

7 REPLIES 7

FredericGirod
Active Contributor

Do not delete it, if you have 0 it is because there is a field-exit linked to the Domain of your field. You need it.

Otherwise you have to change the field in reference of your SELECT OPTION and make a conversion to a range

or it's just a numeric field

NB: "field exit" <> "conversion exit" 😉

0 Kudos

When am entering the docid it is giving the correct 12 characters with zeros it s correct only but in second select option it is showing all 12 zeros by pressing enter..i dont want the zeros in second select option ..i want to clear that zeros...how to remove it

Can any one look into this and tell.

Thanks in advance,

Shivani.

Use comment to make a comment, not answer

these zero are normal: This is not a bug, this is a feature

Again, if you do not want this zero, change the reference of the field in your select-option. Otherwise, each time the field-exit linked to the domain (linked to the Data Element) will put this 0

thanga_prakash
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani Nagula,

It is a standard behavior for NUMC fields, is your field NUMC? if yes it is expected behavior. Refer to below documentation and tabular column for data type and it's initial values.

Initial Values

former_member1716
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Shivani Nagula,

This purely depends on how you have declared the select Option. Can you please let us know your declaration code for select option, we will be able to correct you.

By what value you are trying to enter in second select option and what you have referenced to in declaration defines this leading zeros. Let us know the declaration part, we will be in a better position to suggest.

Regards!

NooruBohra
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Shivani,

Just out of the curiosity, why do you want to remove the zeros. Could please let us know the Data type of the select-options then probably we might be able to help you.

Regards,

Nooruddin Bohra