Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SMART FORMS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi gurus,

i'm currently working on smartforms topic. the thing is i was asked to modify and add some fields in a module pool program with tcode zlc01. i did all the modifications and add some fields on the main screen and the sub screens and i was sure that all the changes i made reflect in the database. but the problem is in the t code zlc01 there is print option which triggers a smart form . i don't know how to add a field in the smartform and how to link that with the fields i've created and modified.can anyone pls resolve this and help me....

thanks in advance.

Moderator message : Not enough re-search before posting, discussion locked

Message was edited by: Vinod Kumar

7 REPLIES 7

vinoth_aruldass
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

when you activate your smartforms function module will be created .. you can call that in your program like how you will pass it to a function module ..

for more information do some search on smartforms in SCN and GOOGLE also..

hope it helps,

Vinoth

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello bro,

take the smartform name and customize it into Z'smartform.. (by copying it)

otherwise you cant add your fields in it..

still you face any issues regarding the customizing means , you can post it here..

hope it helps,

Mathan R.

0 Kudos

it is already a 'z' form so can i customize it by just using the change button in smartforms transaction\

0 Kudos

hi bro,

Yes exactly, you have to do it like that only..

if you want to add some extra fields which is not present in the existing smartforms ,

if you want to pass the data globally means.. declare your fields and structures in form interface,

then, if you called the corresponding FM into program means.. that fields and structures ll come automatically as passing parameters of the FM..

add your new field in Global definitions under global data..

so that you can use it in your smartform itself(only inside smartform)...

you can pass datas to Forms now..

Hope it helps,

Mathan R.

Former Member
0 Kudos

ya i'm getting the FM but in that definition i didn't find any table or any structure which is importing all the selected data from the screen to smartform or from table to smartform

0 Kudos

you have to define it in the table column in the smartform .. Please find some basic smartform from google and follow that..

hope it helps,

Vinoth

former_member946717
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

1. First of all you have to know where to add the fields in the smartform layout. You will anyway have to pass your fields to the smartform interface (declare these fields in the smartform interface as importing parameters/tables however you want).

2. Then you have to add logic in the specific area in the smartform (on the layout) as suggested by the requirement.

3. The print program would already have a function module that calls this smartform as its an existing one. Hope thats right. You will have to just modify the exporting parameters/tables and add your custom fields there. You can check for the FM in the print program by searching for

CALL FUNCTION 'SSF_FUNCTION_MODULE_NAME'

Let me know if you have any queries.