Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

smartform address display in table

former_member588480
Participant
0 Kudos

I am trying to print address node data under a table inside smart form in main window .But currently it's printing at the first line of loop so it is not looking good because of space .

I can not print only one line because i have data in table which i am printing left side. so the reason space is coming.

is there anyway we can print address line by line in a table instead of at first line ?

Please let me know if you have further c

oncern.

10 REPLIES 10

former_member288834
Participant
0 Kudos

"I can not print only one line because i have data in table which i am printing left side. so the reason space is coming."

What is it mean, can you explain more briefly?

You can fetch the data into custom variables instead of using address window and print inside a template under table

or use text node which contains custom variable like city, postal code.

Regards

Guru Prasad.

0 Kudos

"I can not print only one line because i have data in table which i am printing left side. so the reason space is coming."

what i mean here is I have used one table to display data for two different part .

these 2 part looks like 2 different window but actually it's one table inside main window.

So the problem here is the internal table which i am using to diaplay data in table has 3 line of data , which i m displaying in part1 .

but since new requirement to add another part2 just to display address, so i had to extend the table to 3 column and i have made middle column without border so it looks like two different window .

So that is reason i mentioned i can not display only address which is currently coming at first line of internal table.

Is there any way i can fetch address data into internal table line by line based on part1 data instead of printing in one line?

Please let me know if my words are confusing .

former_member182550
Active Contributor

Yes,

Prior to starting the loop, call function Address_Into_PrintForm and populate an itab with the result. Then in your loop, read the corresponding line of the address table (ie row 1, row 2 etc etc), if there is no error output it in the second column of your table as a string (ie ditch the address node and do it manually)

Rich

0 Kudos

I am trying it out . Will update once success.

0 Kudos

Probably its working .I can see the address in part2 window without space

but still small amount of space is coming for part1 since we have 5 line right side (part 2) and 3 line left side (part1) .

Is there any way we can use 2 table side by side inside main window becasue i think without using 2 different table this space issue will not resolve .

I tried giving alignment (left and right ) but it printing 2 table one after another .

Please let me know .

DoanManhQuynh
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

it look like you want to merge cell in part 2 since your address only come from first line of internal table. i think you should using loop and template instead, it easier. with table, might be you could do it but the logic would be complex and i dont think it necessary.

0 Kudos

Even if i use template since I have to show 2 part (part1 and part2 )side by side , so again i have split the template in 3 column , make middle column invisible to make the template look like 2 different part/window . But i think the problem here will be the same because i have use one loop before template and there will be 3 record which i need to display in part1 and part2 i have to use address node at the first line .

So that is reason i was asking if there is any way i can fetch the address same as it displaying while using address node(since address node print the address based on country else i would have fetch the data in driver program from table ADRC based on address number).

Please me know if my understanding is worng.

0 Kudos

Prabin Pradhan

i have an ideal using table sorting, but sorry i dont have time to make an example now.

you may see the sample: SF_EXAMPLE_03

0 Kudos

Sure, I am checking all the options .

former_member588480
Participant
0 Kudos

still small amount of space is coming for part1 since we have 5 line right side (part 2) and 3 line left side (part1) (As screenshot attached below).

Is there any way we can use 2 table side by side inside main window becasue i think without using 2 different table this space issue will not resolve .

I tried giving alignment (left and right ) but it printing 2 table one after another .

Please anyone let me know .