Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Smartform printing issue in Arabic and English

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a requirement to print both Arabic and English in the same printout. I have checked for the OSS notes and other links in SDN and made the below settings in my system:

1) Device type: ARSWIN

2) Smartform orginal language: Arabic (RTL)

3) Printing logon language : English

4) Arabic fonts are available : SPAD shows ANDALE_J as the font used. Code page that got generated was 4102.

Problem 1) Directly type Arabic text in smartform

In this case, the Arabic text gets mirrored in printout

Problem 2) Using STRING_REVERSE FM to reverse the Arabic text in Standard text

Here, the standard text shows arabic text correctly. But when it gets assigned to a variable to pass to FM, arabic text changes to some other Arabic text. The changed Arabic text gets printed correctly in the print out. However, the spool shows me correct Arabic text perfectly alligned.

I have tried to release the Arabic text from word and the printout comes correctly, so I am guessing its not printer fonts causing the issue. Please advise how I can solve the mirroring issue or if not, why the text is getting changed when I pass to variable. Further, why is the print not as per the spool. How can I correct this.

Best Regards,

Anila

Message was edited by: Anila Kavirajan

5 REPLIES 5

Explorer
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

Thanks for your reply. I have already tried the approach in that link. The link says to create a mirror window, but I cannot find a setting that would allow me to mirror a window. All I was able to do was create a copy of the existing window and then pass dynamic text. But that is as good as passing to a normal window. If you can tell me how to mirror the window, that would be helpful.

Best Regards,

Anila

0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neha,

So basically there is no mirror window. Since you pass the language as A in the driver program. it will automatically mirrow the entire page. But I cannot pass A as the language in driver program, because I have dynamic English text getting printed which is more than 30 characters. When I pass A as language, Arabic comes correctly but English gets jumbled up. That's as per OSS Note 1399741.

Best Regards,

Anila

former_member289261
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Arabic is written right to left.