Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SQ02 Infoset - Use Additional Field as Selection Criteria

former_member645803
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello,

I created an additional field called OPENCLOSE with the following code

CLEAR OPENCLOSE.

IF BSID-AUGBL = ''.

OPENCLOSE = 'O'.

ELSE. OPENCLOSE = 'C'.

endif.

I added the OPENCLOSE field as selection criteria; however, each time I run a query in SQ01 entering selection criteria O or C, the report is blank. The OPENCLOSE field is in the report and reporting O and C; however, it does not recognize in the selection criteria?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An "additional field" is just an additional output column, it's not a selection field.

What you want to do is to add a selection on BSID-AUGBL and enter either an empty value (an empty value requires that you also select the option "equal") to select the open lines, or other values (select the option "not equal") for closed lines.

If you already tried what I propose and this is in fact your original issue and you wanted to improve the selection screen, then you can add a custom Parameter to the infoset (selection tab) and implement "at selection-screen" for this parameter (event tab) to turn the parameter value into BSID-AUGBL selection (O becomes I EQ ' ', C becomes E EQ ' ' or I NE ' ', initial value becomes empty BSID-AUGBL i.e. all values are selected).

2 REPLIES 2

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

An "additional field" is just an additional output column, it's not a selection field.

What you want to do is to add a selection on BSID-AUGBL and enter either an empty value (an empty value requires that you also select the option "equal") to select the open lines, or other values (select the option "not equal") for closed lines.

If you already tried what I propose and this is in fact your original issue and you wanted to improve the selection screen, then you can add a custom Parameter to the infoset (selection tab) and implement "at selection-screen" for this parameter (event tab) to turn the parameter value into BSID-AUGBL selection (O becomes I EQ ' ', C becomes E EQ ' ' or I NE ' ', initial value becomes empty BSID-AUGBL i.e. all values are selected).

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please use the CODE button to format your code so that it's shown in a more user-friendly format (colorized).