Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System setting does not allow changes to be made to object DEVC

felixbakkum
Explorer

I am new to ABAP and have recently started my journey by setting up Eclipse and initiating a trial of SAP BTP with ABAP, following guides.

However, I am unable to create a package on ZLOCAL due to an error message stating that 'System setting does not allow changes to be made to object DEVC.' Can you advise me on how to resolve this issue? I am running Linux Fedora, could that be a possible source of the problem?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Try to rename the package as ZFELIX_ABAP_001

9 REPLIES 9

FredericGirod
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you post a screenshot of your error / action ?

felixbakkum
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'll get to here, then it's giving me the error.

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor

Try to rename the package as ZFELIX_ABAP_001

felixbakkum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Considering that I am unable to access SAP GUI from the trial version, could you please advise me on how to change the system status from 'not modifiable' to 'modifiable'?

felixbakkum
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you so much, @raymond.giuseppi Your suggestion to rename the package as ZFELIX_ABAP_001 worked incredibly well. I had been struggling with this issue for the last two days and your solution saved me a lot of time and frustration. Your expertise is much appreciated!

Sandra_Rossi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's all about namespace.

The prefix Z is reserved by SAP for customers. Other names are reserved for programs developed by SAP.

NicolaeNor
Newcomer
0 Kudos

I HAD THE SAME ISSUE AS YOU AND SOLVED IT FROM HERE. HOWEVER, AT THE NEXT STEP, I HAVE NO TRANSPORT REQUESTS TO CHOOSE FROM. ANY SOLUTION? THANK YOUScreenshot (625).png

Choose 'create a new request'

(perform also some search on Netiquette and capital letters)