Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sysubrc=4 (no interval found) from 'ThNoGet' call in SNR3/LOCAL_BUFFER

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

All of a sudden, a custom number range has stopped working.

Debugging tells us that the external function 'ThNoGet' is returning a 4 (no interval found) when it is called in subroutine local_buffer in SAP function group NRS3.

But the TNRO record and NRIV records for the number range both look good, and there is a well-defined interval for the range.

Since the 'ThNoGet' function is external, probably C, I can't debug it.

Has anyone experienced this kind of weirdness before?

I was thinking of turning off buffering on the range, but it's greyed out on the screen in SNRO - can't be changed ...

Any bright ideas would be greatly appreciated ...

Thanks muchly

djh

7 REPLIES 7

former_member181923
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Even though SAP doesn't let you turn buffering off for a number range via transaction SNRO, I was able to turn it off via SE16N/&SAP_EDIT.

This keeps me aways from the external function, and I can now see that the select single on NRIV is failing, although I'm still not sure why .....

... will keep you posted ...

0 Kudos

Have you run ST05 against the transaction. You should see both the SELECT and the results.

Rob

0 Kudos

Rob -

As I indicated in my last post to the thread, I solved the immediate problem by forcing buffering off on the number range via an &SAP_EDIT on the TNRO record in SE16n (DON'T GET UPSET ... this is a CUSTOM number range, not one of SAP's.)

When you turn buffering off, the select against NRIV is not done inside an external function, but in a regular subroutine, so I can see it fail now.

But - your tip will still be helpful in the future - are you saying that ST05 will show you a select even if its performed inside an external function like "ThNoGet" ?

djh

0 Kudos

No - I was simply suggesting running ST05 now that the SELECT is done in the routine. You had said that you weren't sure why it was now failing. So ST05 should now be able to get you that informnation.

Rob

0 Kudos

Oh - OK - thanks - but in this case, it appears just to involve a '1' instead of an '01' in the customer z- code that calls for the next number. Now the question is why the hell this z-code regressed to an error state ...

Tejeswari
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,Iam also facing same issue.Can you brief me how you resolved this                CALL 'ThNoGet' ID 'BNRIV'    FIELD ls_bnriv
                 ID 'NO'       FIELD lv_noivbuffer
                 ID 'QUAN'     FIELD p_quantity
                 ID 'PERCENT'  FIELD ps_tnro-percentage
                 ID 'NONRSWAP' FIELD ps_tnro-nonrswap.                                                                              From this call function ,I supposed to get ls_bnriv table values changed and need to get sy-subrc=0 condition.Suggest me the any other ways than turning off the buffer.

0 Kudos

Hello @Tejeswari,

While we're happy that you've come to SAP Community to get an answer to your question, you posted your question as an answer in an old thread. Posting in older threads is not the best way to get guidance.

If you're looking for help, you should start a new discussion instead: https://community.sap.com/t5/application-development-discussions/bd-p/application-developmentforum-b...

Or you can ask a question in our Technology area: https://community.sap.com/t5/technology-q-a/qa-p/technology-questions

Best regards,
Anne