Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Table control modifications do not show up

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a customer dynpro, with a table control. I needed to add two new columns. So I enhanced the structure (declared in the Abap itself) with those two new fields. Then I changed the abap coding in order to fill in these news cells. When debugging, it works fine.

I modified the layout by selecting from the structure the available columns, and I put them into the screen. Everything seems to be ok.

I created a dialog transaction code attached to this combination of program/dynpro.

When I execute the transaction code, the two new columns do not show up. However when I test dynpro from SE51, I have the columns.

More surprising, in SE51 the test is made without the abap coding, it works. If I select to apply the abap coding, I still do not have my columns.

What am I missing please?

Regards

Laurent

7 REPLIES 7

former_member491305
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem lies in the activation.Just click on the object browser in the application tool bar.Then in left side ,in tree mode,the program name will appear.Then <b>Double click</b> on the program name.And then right click on program name and then select activate.And then run the t-code.

Message was edited by:

Vigneswaran S

Message was edited by:

Vigneswaran S

0 Kudos

Hi,

Sorry, I had tried the activation several times, in transaction SE51, SE38 and SE80.

Nothing happens...

Thanks anyway,

Laurent

0 Kudos

hi Laurent ,

I think you might have missed out to increase the size of your table control for the fields to fit in in the screen .

Else please check if you have marked the invisible attribute of those 2 fields . To find this invisible attribute you can follow the path , double click on the table control field , go to the attributes screen , there you have a tab called display , select the tab and then check if you have CHECKED the invisible field , if yes then UNCHECK it .Hope your problem will be solved .

Revert if you don't get any solution .

Regards,

Ranjita

0 Kudos

Hi Ranjita,

Thank you for your email.

I had increased the size of the screen and the columns are not hidden.

What is bizarre is that this screen works when testing it without the coding, and not with the coding. So I believe this is not in the layout and properties but somewhere else.

Thanks again

Laurent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem was in the instruction

CONTROLS: doc_control2 TYPE TABLEVIEW USING SCREEN 2000.

The number of the screen was not good.

Thanks to all,

Laurent

0 Kudos

Could you please explain more detail, I am also facing same problem. I can see new column while test the screen from SE51 but I could not see same in actual t-code.

Thanks,

Jagadeesh T.

0 Kudos

Check the table control in statements such as

• definition : CONTROLS <tc> TYPE TABLEVIEW USING SCREEN <dynpro>
  • refresh : REFRESH CONTROL <tc> FROM SCREEN <dynpro>.

Insure any defined display variant (TCVIEW) is also updated (click update function during maintenance or use report RSTCXADJ)